- The Anderson & Anderson Anger Management Curriculum is Evidenced BasedThanks to the work of Dr. Steven Sinert, Nevada Anger Management, we now have a study that shows the results of Pre and Post Tests using the Conover Assessment with 200 randomly selected clients. A summary of this study is listed below:
This study was undertaken from my private anger management practice utilizing the before and after averages using the Conover Assessment Examination which measures the following parameters:
1) Interpersonal Assertion: How good or comfortable the individual feels about telling others about their thoughts, feelings and behaviors in dealing with others.
Average pre-training score: 3.03; Average post-training score: 5.30 (74.91% increase)
2) Empathy: How the individual views their current skill and ability to sense, understand and accept another person’s thoughts, feelings and behaviors.
Average pre-training score: 4.38 Average post-training score: 5.35 (22.14 % increase)
3) Stress Management: Shows the individual’s skill in managing stress and worry.
Average pre-training score: 3.97 Average post-training score: 5.05 (27.20% increase)
4) Aggression: The amount to which an individual uses a communications style that violates or offends or takes away another’s rights, thoughts or feelings.
Average pre-training score: 2.82 Average post-training score: 0.62 (78.01% decrease)
5) Interpersonal Deference: A measurement of the degree to which an individual uses a personal communication style that tends to yield or give in to someone else, lets others have their way or gives their rights to others.
Average pre-training score: 2.61 Average post-training score: 1.71 (34.48% decrease)
6) No measurement of an individual’s motivation was included in this study. It is recognized however that the greater the motivation the more likely the individual will be successful in achieving success.
Conclusion: From these findings it would appear that this Anger Management Program is very effective in increasing assertive skills, empathy, stress management and decreasing aggression and deference. These results are in no way a guarantee that any specific individual will respond the same way; however, they are a good indication that, on average, most individuals with anger issues will have a positive outcome from taking an anger management program taught by a Certified Anger Management Provider using the Anderson & Anderson model.
- Ten Reasons to Pursue Anger Management CertificationOne of the best kept secrets in the Small Business Arena is how lucrative anger management classes can be. With forty – hours of training and less than a two thousand dollar investment, it is possible to begin offering classes to clients referred from Human Resource Managers, Courts, and self-referred individuals.
Here are some reasons why you should consider pursuing the Anderson & Anderson Anger Management Facilitator Certification Training now:
1) The demand for anger management services far exceed the supply of certified providers
2) Residents of small and large communities need anger management providers in each locale
3) Services can be provided on Saturdays and Sundays, thereby making anger management a lucrative part-time venture
4) The Anderson & Anderson anger management model is the most widely recognized anger management curriculum in the world
5) Providers who market their services and are listed on the Anderson & Anderson web site can earn an average of $4,000 per month by teaching classes on Saturdays and Sundays
6) With additional training and experience, Certified Anger Management Providers can earn an average of $1,000 per day by providing Organizational Training to businesses and governmental agencies
7) Certified Anger Management Providers are able to receive gratification from the fact that they are offering a needed intervention to their communities
8.) Those who become certified in anger management at this time can essentially influence the development of this new and emerging area of specialization
9) By teaching others the needed skills to manage anger, stress and increase emotional intelligence and effective communication, you are playing an active role in reducing all aspects of person-directed violence.
10) You may become one of the first providers to offer anger management to organized sports from little league to major leagues.
To learn more about our Facilitator Training call us 1-713-981-3223 or visit our website http://www.weccounseling.com